This review will be my final review both for Because You Are Mine Part VIII: Because I Am Yours, and the entire series combined. The book ended OK, though I wish there were more, it felt rushed and was over way too quickly. I was given the entire series for review by the publisher via Net Galley in exchange for honest reviews.
In this installment we have another step back before moving forward. Francesca takes off on a whim and follows Ian to London where she sees him as his most vulnerable. Of course, we know Ian by now. He’s not gonna be happy! And he punishes her emotionally almost more than physically, especially after she finally declares her love.
“I want to possess you, Francesca. Dominate You. See that stubborn streak in you submit to pleasure…to me. That’s what I offered. You insisted upon interfering in my world, so now you can stop deluding yourself with a girl’s fantasies. That’s all I can offer you,” he said, pointing in the direction of the bedroom, “Now go in there, take off all of your clothes, and wait for me.”
Then her turns away for a week or two, and comes back a changed man. I don’t know, it just all wraps up a little too tidy for me. Mostly because I don’t really see what Francesca sees in Ian to put up with all his crap. He is so stand-off-ish and uptight. He needs to get that cane out of his ass. Though it was nice to see the vulnerable side of him, we never saw a playful or fun side. That special spark that you couldn’t help but fall for.
Maybe it was because I was dragged in and out of the story so much I couldn’t connect. Maybe if I had a busy schedule and only had time to read 50 pages a week this would have worked better for me. But reading 4-5 books between each of these made this way harder to stick with.
I am an instant gratification kind of girl. Plus my memory is shit. Bad combination for a serial. I think I would be OK with a serial that has it’s own story arc weekly but is part of a larger story. But I think the format was part of the reason I failed to connect as well with this as I did Beth Kery’s other books.
Overall, I liked the book. It had a similar story to Fifty Shades and Bared to You. It was totally HOT. But I never fell in love with Ian. I wanted to, but never did. I kept waiting for it to happen, hoping he’d loosen up, but he never did.
- Well written
- I liked Francesca and her friends
- The magic emollient
- The sex scenes were hot-hot-hot
- The serial format
- The price
- Never saw a playful side to Ian
- The end was what brought the rating from a 4 to a 3. It all wrapped up way too quickly. That last book should have been the bonus for those who read all 8. Instead it was shorter than the others I think, and felt rushed.
Series Rating: 3 stars 4.5 for Heat
I have enjoyed Beth Kery’s books in the past, especially Wicked Burn and Holiday Bound. I will read more from her, and I will probably buy the next serial featuring Lucien. But I will wait for them all to come out before I dive right in.
- Because You Are Mine Series Reading Order
- Beth Kery Interview and Giveaway week 1
- Beth Kery Interview and Giveaway week 2
- Beth Kery Interview and Giveaway week 3
- Beth Kery Interview and Giveaway week 4
- Beth Kery Interview and Giveaway week 5
- Beth Kery Interview and Giveaway week 6
- Beth Kery Interview and Giveaway week 7
- Beth Kery Interview and Giveaway week 8
- Because You Are Mine 1: Because You Tempt Me review
- Because You Are Mine 2: Because I Could Not Resist review
- Because You Are Mine 3: Because You Haunt Me review
- Because You Are Mine 4: Because You Must Learn review
- Because You Are Mine 5: Because I Said So review
- Because You Are Mine 6: Because You Torment Me review
- Because You are Mine 7: Because I Need To review