The second in the Because You Are Mine serial novel by Beth Kery released today, (YAY!!!!) Because I Could Not Resist (Because You Are Mine 2). The first two in the series were given to me as an ARC by the publisher for review.
This book is being marketed and compared to Fifty Shades of Grey as well as Bared To You by Sylvia Day. There are certainly similarities: A mega-rich gorgeous Dom with stalker tendencies, and an innocent, young, intelligent woman. But this book is broken into weekly “episodes” of about 50 pages or two chapters a week. This is a different way of reading, and it can be cool, because we can all read each part together then come back and chat about it!
Because You Are Mine 1, Because You Tempt Me was the introduction. Because I Could Not Resist continues right where it left off. We left Ian and Francesca in the fencing room. Things were getting really hot when an interruption occurs, then an argument between Ian and Francesca leads her to stalk out and go have a wild and reckless night out with her 3 male roommates. Until Ian catches her, and decides to punish her, which Francesca willingly submits to.
There is a good amount of ‘punishment’ in this book, and it got pretty hot, but to me, there was a LOT of hitting and not enough smexing (or at least teasing). I also thought it was a bit quick how Francesca submitted to it all so quickly. I’m just not getting that melty feeling from him that makes me feel like I would do the same if I were her.
Again, this book is so hard to rate! It is only 1/8 of the whole story. I am enjoying the book, I can’t wait to get to next week’s, but I’m not in LOVE yet.
- Francesca’s relationship with her guy roommates.
- How tightly Ian holds on to his self control, you see how he is about to lose it.
- How involved in her work Francesca gets, and her devotion to it.
- Francesca’s weight-related issues.
- The custom paddle ;-D~
- Ian was so observant of paint on her fingers, but was shocked when she was wet!?
- (related) Why didn’t he check sooner?
- There was a whole lot of paddling and spanking for a newbie. I didn’t see what Ian had done to make him deserve her trust and loyalty to submit to that yet.
- The word “turgid”. I have always hated that word.
- The same exact preview of Wicked Burn as the first book.
How do you rate a ‘part’ of a book? I can’t wait to read more, but there were a few issues I had. I haven’t fallen in love with Ian yet, so I can’t give a 5. Though there wasn’t a super hot sex scene yet, the punishment scene was pretty darn hot! Beth writes a damn good sex scene, though a little flowery in her wording. I would say 3.75 stars, and 4 heat, but I feel like I don’t even want to upload those graphics because they won’t reflect a rating of a whole story.
I do recommend this serial novel. It is similar to Fifty Shades and Bared to You, and the previews of the rest of the books look like it’s going to get even better. Beth Kery writes amazing Erotic novels with BDSM elements, so I know this serial will get better and better.
Come, read it with me! That is the point of a serial. It is meant to be read, then discussed on social media, like a weekly TV series.
- Because You Are Mine Part 1, Because You Tempt Me (see review here) Amazon||BN.com||iBooks
- Because You Are Mine Part 2, Because I Could Not Resist Amazon||BN.com||iBooks
- Because You Are Mine Part 3, Because You Haunt Me (available 8/14) Amazon||BN.com||iBooks
Beth Kery has been hangin’ with me here at Ana’s Attic and she is answering questions (mine and yours) and giving away an installment of her book each week, so check out this week’s Beth Kery Interview and Giveaway and ask a question to enter to win any book from this serial!
- Beth Kery Interview and Giveaway Week 1
- Beth Kery Interview and Giveaway Week 2
- Because You Are Mine Series Reading Order
- Because You Are Mine 1: Because You Tempt Me review
- Wicked Burn Review