Hi! I am Ana, and I started this blog at the beginning of 2012. Originally started to help women find books to read after Fifty Shades of Grey, it has expanded to include all kinds of romance. I am a lover of bargains, so you will always find hundreds of high-rated deals on my New Release/Sales/Freebies page which I try to update daily. I read books and listen to audiobooks.
My reviews are detailed with some favorite quotes from the book, my Likes and Dislikes, and I always include a “Down & Dirty” review which is for those of you who like a brief review. I don’t give spoilers for the most part, but I will mention if a book doesn’t stand alone. My audiobook reviews follow the same format but I have a section about the narration. If you don’t listen to audiobooks, the reviews will still work for you, just skip that part.
I send out a newsletter twice monthly with some chosen books, the current giveaways, and my latest reviews.
Our Facebook Page is always where you can get the latest sales. Raegan helps run the Facebook page, where we post sales and book news as they happen.
I read to escape and be happy. I love romance and happy endings. Though some of my all-time favorite books made me ugly cry, I prefer happy. I don’t mind gritty, but I don’t love really dark or evil in my books.
We take your Privacy and Security very seriously and we never sell our list. Please see our policies here.
Wicked Book Weekend
In 2013, I wanted to meet my favorite authors, but there were no Indie book signings, so I started my own. The first Wicked Book Weekend was in February 2013, and we have done it every year since. Because I don’t like big crowds and waiting in line just to have a stranger scribble in my book, I keep Wicked Book Weekend small and intimate so you really get to hang out with your favorite authors. It’s in a small beachfront hotel in Fort Lauderdale, and we have an amazing lineup and three days of events! Check out 2018!
I am pretty picky about what I read. I choose books I think I will love, but there are varying degrees of love, right? This is where the 5 star system really fails me. I look at the overall stars on Amazon & Goodreads and they vary by a tenth of a point because they are averages. But in my head, that’s how I rate a book. A good portion of my reviews fall between a 4 and 5, and I need to differentiate, if only for myself, how much I loved the book. I review every book I finish, but if I am not enjoying it, I don’t torture myself, so I put it aside. I only rate books I finish.
- 5++++ Stars: Will become an all-time favorite. I tuned out of life while reading.
- 5 stars: Couldn’t imagine it being better. Couldn’t stop reading. Pretty much my perfect read.
- 4.75 Stars: It was almost perfect, but something small kept it from being a 5 star “perfect” read.
- 4.5 stars: Loved every second, but maybe missing the impact a 5 star book has.
- 4.25 stars: Loved it, but there were a few things that held it back.
- 4 stars: Enjoyed the heck out of it, but wasn’t blown away.
- 3.75 stars: Really liked it, just didn’t love it.
- 3.5 stars: Liked it.
- 3.25 stars: It was OK
- 3 stars: meh. Didn’t really do it for me, but you might like it.
- 2.75 stars: OK, but I wouldn’t really recommend it. I had a lot of issues, but not enough to stop reading.
- 2.5 or less: These are very rare, because if I’m not enjoying the book at all, I will usually move on to one I will enjoy more. There are too many amazing books to waste time with one I don’t enjoy a lot.
- 5 Flames: The book is about sex. Whether it’s a BDSM club or just a lot of sex, there is always some kink involved.
- 4.75 Flames: The book is still an erotic book with lots of sex, but the sex isn’t quite as frequent or kinky.
- 4.5 Flames: Erotic romance that has a lot of descriptive sex and dirty talking.
- 4.25 Flames: May have hot descriptive sex but not a ton, or maybe a lot of sex but not very descriptive.
- 4 Flames: A sexy romance, with some descriptive sex, but the sex is not a huge part of the story.
- 3.75 Flames: There are a few good sexy scenes, but not overly descriptive.
- 3.5 Flames: There are some sexy scenes but no full-on descriptive sex.
- 3.25 Flames: No descriptive sex, but still sexy flirting and innuendos.
- 3 Flames: Sex is talked about but not shown.
- Less than 3 Flames: there may be innuendos, talk, but there are no real sexy scenes.
E-mail me: firstname.lastname@example.org