How can this wrap up in just 2 chapters????? Because You Are Mine Part VII: Because I Need To is the second to last in Beth Kery’s 8 part serial novel. It seems each installment is two steps forward, one step back for this couple.
We finally see closeness and Ian opening up to Francesca. Then, the next morning, Ian abruptly leaves town and refuses to tell Francesca where he is going. She thinks he is backing off because she got too close, and tells him it is over if he leaves. He left anyway.
Though Francesca swore him off, when he returns, he has the most thoughtful, incredible gift. She couldn’t stay away anyway, but this gift cemented her coming back.
Why did she have to find him so irresistible? He was like a drug in her system, but it was worse than that kind of addiction. Worse because her soul was involved. Worse because she couldn’t help but see a part of Ian’s soul as well….couldn’t help but be haunted by it.
Then, finally, the two of them have a fun, light, carefree day together. It was great to finally see the relaxed side of Ian. In fact, several weeks pass with a deepening level of intimacy. But then one BIG step back happens again *sigh*…..
This installment was more about getting to know the characters than the sex, (though there was some of that too) and I really enjoyed it.
I can’t imagine how this can be wrapped up with a happily ever after next week. Maybe a happy for now…..
Rating for this installment: 4.5 stars, 4.5 for Heat
*ARC provided by publisher for an honest review
- Beth Kery Interview and Giveaway week 1
- Beth Kery Interview and Giveaway week 2
- Beth Kery Interview and Giveaway week 3
- Beth Kery Interview and Giveaway week 4
- Beth Kery Interview and Giveaway week 5
- Beth Kery Interview and Giveaway week 6
- Beth Kery Interview and Giveaway week 7
- Because You Are Mine Series Reading Order
- Because You Are Mine 1: Because You Tempt Me review
- Because You Are Mine 2: Because I Could Not Resist review
- Because You Are Mine 3: Because You Haunt Me review
- Because You Are Mine 4: Because You Must Learn review
- Because You Are Mine 5: Because I Said So review
- Because You Are Mine 6: Because You Torment Me review