Getting Played (Getting Some 2) by Emma Chase
Narrated by Andi Arndt and Zachary Webber
Romantic Comedy. Standalone part of a connected series.
Emma Chase never disappoints! I grabbed Getting Played as soon as it came out, and loved it, but I fell so far behind on reviews, that I didn’t end up reviewing it. Since I review everything I read or listen to, and because I loved it, I decided to listen again before writing this. And I loved it even more the second time! You never realize all the details you miss until you do a re-listen. Getting Schooled was the first in the Getting Some series, I loved it also, but it isn’t necessary to read first, it just may enrich the experience because you will already know some side characters. (See my review).
Lainey is a single mom of a 14-year-old, and a successful lifestyle blogger. When out with friends, she sees the hot drummer with the band, and they spend the perfect night together, something she never does. It was a one-night-stand, and they didn’t exchange last names or numbers, but they both wished they had, especially when Lainey ends up pregnant.
Her current blog project is renovating and flipping a home in a new town, and her son is making fast friends at his new school. He especially loves his math teacher. The same math teacher who plays drums during the summer. When they meet again, the connection sizzles, and the guy who loved his life free of commitments now had 3 more. And he never complained, he was all-in from the start, especially because he had thought she’d be the one who got away.
“I want to be her everything. Because somewhere along that line, that’s what Lainey’s become to me. Everything.”
- I loved her relationship with her son. I have a 14-year-old and mine is very similar.
- Hahaha!!! The bluetooth incident!
- Love the mention of a Jennifer Probst book.
- Visiting with Garret and Callie from Getting Schooled, but you didn’t have to read that first.
- All of the secondary characters.
- Emma Chase’s writing style and pace is always amazing.
- I loved that she was a blogger.
- Though I enjoyed it because I am renovating my house, there may be a little more about the house renovation than some readers may enjoy.
What can you say about Zachary Webber and Andi Arndt that is unique? They are my favorites, and they were great for these slightly older characters.
The Down & Dirty:
Rating: 4.5 Stars, 4 Heat, 5 Narration
Purchase Getting Played (Getting Some 2) by Emma Chase
LIVE NOW and FREE in the Audible Escape program
Coming October 8th to all other platforms, Preorder now!