Getting Schooled by Emma Chase
Narrated by Andi Arndt and Zachary Webber
2nd Chance Romcom. Stands alone. Audible Exclusive until June 26 2018
Emma Chase is hands-down one of my favorite authors. So I can’t tell you how excited I was when I saw she was doing an audio-first book with two of my favorite narrators. Getting Schooled by Emma Chase is an audible exclusive until June 26, 2018 and may be worth breaking your audio cherry for, especially if you get the free trial!
“You were always my girl, Callie. Even after you weren’t any more.”
Garrett and Callie were high school sweethearts. They were each other’s first love, first everything. They broke up when their lives just went in different directions. Callie ended up working in theater in San Diego and Garrett is the much-adored football coach back at the hometown high school on the east coast.
Callie is called home to care for her parents after an ‘interesting’ accident right as she landed her dream job. So she put it on hold and began substitute teaching theater in her alma mater, where her first (and frankly, only) love works.
Callie was never a teacher and was thrown right into the deep end. Lucky for her, Garrett was right there to help out. I loved the school backdrop. Being a school substitute myself, I can totally relate to so much of this. But what I really loved was the way Garrett and Callie just fell back into each other. It was just so easy between them. But she was only there until her parents got better, then headed back home across the country.
What really made this fun is that Garrett and Callie are getting to know each other again right in the halls of the school they first fell in love in.
“This is real and solid…and us. How did I breath without this? How will I exist without it?”
While Getting Schooled was sweet and fun, there was also a lot of emotion and some good sexy time too!
“I want to be above you, beneath you, behind you. I want you weak, drained from coming, hoarse from screaming my name. I’m going to need hours baby. Fuckin’ days.”
As always, Emma Chase, the OG queen of male POV delivered a great male voice in Garrett, and Zachary Webber could not have been more perfect for it.
“This is us. This is our always.”
- Emma’s writing is always the perfect mix of sweet, funny, sexy and emotional. I had a smile on my face almost the whole time.
- I loved every character.
- Brought me to tears at one point.
- The unique high school setting, but with teachers as the main characters.
- The interactions with the kids.
- The realistic “teacher drama”.
- How easy and comfortable the couple was together.
- Not one, not two, but THREE epilogues.
- Includes an interview with the author
- There was a LOT going on with a lot of different characters and in audio, I find that harder to keep up with. I think it sometimes interfered a little with my connection to the characters.
Couldn’t be more perfect. Zachary Webber and Andi Arndt. Need I say more?
The Down & Dirty:
Rating: 4.5 Stars, 4 Heat, 5 Narration
Purchase Getting Schooled by Emma Chase
Preorder June 26, 2018: