Novella Review – What Wendy Wants by Nikki Sex
I was looking for a HOT quick book to get “in the mood” last night. So I checked out my Kindle and found What Wendy Wants by Nikki Sex and it was just perfect for what I was looking for. With a very relatable and likable main character and some really hot sex, at 93 pages, it was the perfect hot little in-between book.
Wendy and Frank have been married for 13 years. With twin teenage sons and a 6 year old, there hasn’t been much time for great sex, and Frank is “Mr. Vanilla”. She has hinted that she may want a little more kink in her life, but he just blew her off.
“Honey, sometimes I think that you should pretend I’m your sex toy, like a game. Wouldn’t that be fun?”
“Hmm? Oh. Of course”, he had said hopping on top of her missionary style. “You know I love you, and sex is the best game in town.”
So she is living out her hot sex fantasies with her vibrator and her Kindle.
“My Kindle and my battery operated boyfriend are my best friends.”
She likes to hide from her kids in the bathroom to read.
“You’re hiding in there reading again, aren’t you?”
“Crap! Wendy thought, realizing that she hadn’t even gotten as far as turning her Kindle on. Busted! That kid is too damn smart for his own good.”
When Wendy realizes that Frank grabbed her Kindle on the way to work, she freaks out and calls him to let him know. He thought she sounded funny, so he tries to break into her kindle to see what she is hiding. Being a forensic accountant, he is used to analyzing and figuring things out. So he gets in to her Kindle easily, and then sees what she is reading.
He used his accountant skills and did a full analysis of all the books on her kindle, especially the highlighted parts, and decided to make all of his wife’s fantasies come true. He went full on into it, buying toys and joining a chatroom on Fetlife. At first, he wasn’t sure he could really be the Dom his wife wanted, but after he tried it out, her realized he loved bringing his wife unimaginable pleasure. I thought it was cute how he thought of his research as he worked so hard to remember how to bring about the pleasure he read about. But let me tell you, he’s a quick study!
- So realistic and relatable!
- Many laugh out loud moments.
- Totally hot sex.
- When the author made fun of her own name (ha! exactly what I thought when I read her name).
- Once they began changing their sex life, the communication between the couple was wonderful.
- How bad Frank felt when he realized he hasn’t been giving his wife what she wanted, and how hard he worked to rectify it.
- Wendy’s snarky relationship with her kids.
- A quick get-you-in-the-mood read.
- For a Free book, I don’t have a problem with this, but if I paid I would. Nikki’s other books were brought up way too much throughout the story. Once is cute, but it became too much. But it worked, I bought Carmen’s New York Romance (Currently on sale for only $.99)!
- Sometimes Frank’s analysis took away the sexiness.
Rating: 4.25 stars 5 Heat
If you are looking for a funny, very sexy little story about a husband and wife rekindling their romance, this may be just the ticket. I have so many friends who tell me they married Mr. Vanilla and they just wish he would read their books! (I send my husband screen shots of the good stuff). If you are OK overlooking a bit too much self-advertising, What Wendy Wants by Nikki Sex is a fun, hot read with light BDSM.
Purchase What Wendy Wants by Nikki Sex
Standalone 93 page novella
Megan Wickland says
It’s nice to see a book about married couples! Picked this one up this week, sounds like a nice in between novella. 🙂
Picked this one because of your review, who can pass up a quick, hot sexy standalone read!!!!! 1 click for mee plus it’s FREE