Lead (Stage Dive 3) by Kylie Scott
Though each book can stand alone, I recommend you read in order. Adult Rock Star Contemporary.
“You’re a bit of a smart ass. I like that.”“I really think you could be the one, Lena,” the drummer said, pulling me from my thoughts.I blinked. “That so?”“It is. I mean look at you, you’re so cute and cuddly. But what I especially love is how you’re giving me that go-fuck-yourself look from behind your foxy glasses.”~Mal
“He always seemed so polished, so perfect, you could almost ignore the chaos and pain living inside of him.”
“I don’t know why the fuck I put up with you.”I shrugged. “No, me neither. But you keep paying me so I keep hanging around.”
“Verbally sparring with Jimmy was fast becoming more fun than I’d had with most other men naked.”
“So, Lena, darling, tell me, for curiosity’s sake. When do you put out?”I stepped closer, going toe to toe with him. He got worried then, the dimples disappearing and his forehead creasing. So he fucking should.“Jimmy, my love,” I said, my voice soft and sweet. “I don’t fuck a guy until he has the balls to actually man up and talk to me about his feelings.”
“Jimmy Ferris as an illegal, dangerous, controlled substance. Funnily enough, I could see it. The man affected me on all the levels no matter how much I tried to resist, damn it.”
“You’re watching me all the time and it’s fucking creepy. I can’t take it anymore.” -Jimmy
“Don’t hate me, Lena,” he whispered. “You want to be mad at me when I do dumb things, that’s fine. But don’t ever hate me. I couldn’t take that, not from you.”
“I stared at his cock, mesmerized. Even incased in rubber it remained a thing of true beauty. Had I any talent with a pen, I’d have written it poems. A haiku perhaps.
I was hypnotized, helpless. Cock-struck.”
“He ate me like a man deprived, starved. He ate me like I was his favorite meal. Vaguely related, apparently singers had excellent tongue control and strength.”
- Lena. She was one of my favorite female leads. Curvy and feisty, she was a great character.
- Catching up with the rest of the band.
- The relationship took time to develop (a bit too long!)
- Tons of funny lines.
- Mal–still my favorite.
- Flawless writing that kept me involved from page 1.
- Great blend of funny, emotional, sexy and romantic.
- You never knew what Jimmy was feeling. I would have liked to somehow see some of this story from his POV.
- Aren’t David and Jimmy brothers? Aside from one scene, you barely notice that they are brothers. They don’t seem close at all.
- Rock star/music stuff. Except the fact that the in-home studio is mentioned, there is barely anything about the music.
- It took so long to get where I wanted, then the book just ended too quickly.
Rating: 4.25 stars 4 Heat
Purchase LEAD (Stage Dive 3) by Kylie Scott