I won Sudden Devotion by Nicole Morgan at her blog during the Hot Summer Night’s Blog Hop. Not usually winning anything good, I wasn’t expecting much. I was more than pleasantly surprised. I loved this book!!!!
When it started off with a very sexy scene, I thought it was going to be one long sex scene with very little story. I was incorrect. Don’t get me wrong, there was a lot of hot sex going on, but this book had so much more!
Sara is completely inexperienced with men. Shy and plain (but pretty), though she hasn’t had much experience, that doesn’t stop Sara from masturbating by a window as she watches a neighbor dominate his girlfriend and have anal sex with her. Little does she know, Mitch from the office, catches a glimpse of her in her window, and decides he has to have her. So, WOW, sounds like total smut, right? But it wasn’t really. Read on…..
Mitch is a lawyer, Sara is a legal assistant in the office. Claudia, the office bitch-slut wants Mitch and hates Sara. As Mitch and Sara’s relationship develops (quickly) and they fall in love, Claudia and office shenanigans enter the scene. And what follows is a crazy story filled with blackmail, orgies (with a lot of oral and anal) involving secondary characters, (not the couple), and lots of heartbreak.
Claudia and Mitch were a great couple you wanted to root for. Mitch is totally swoon-worthy. He was loving, patient, kinky, sweet, dominant, and he always made Sara share her thoughts, feelings and fantasies honestly with him (I really loved that). The side characters were an interesting bunch, and I liked how they were all written.
I read this book in one day, and only stopped because I couldn’t keep my hands off my husband. The way Nicole Morgan writes those scenes, with no overly flowery or overly nasty words to distract from what is going on, made them really hot, even the orgy scene(s) (which I kind of felt guilty for enjoying). But there was plenty of story and emotion between (and during) the sex.
- Great romance developed despite an unconventional beginning.
- Mitch was perfect.
- Sara was really likable.
- Well written, super hot sex scenes with toys, f-f, and plenty of anal (what? I like to read about it!)
- The villain was a total villain, worse than expected.
- ****NOTE: Please read authors comments below. I have the eye of an editor so I catch everything, but maybe it was the version*******There were a BUNCH of major errors in the book. Strange errors-not misspellings, but words missing, periods in the middle of sentences, and sentences that made absolutely no sense. This was a MAJOR problem. I am not 100% sure though that the version on amazon is exactly the same as what the author sent me. I hope not.
- There were a few things that were part of the story, but not enough to really contribute to the story, making you wonder why they were brought up, like Mitch’s past, and the black bag (what else was in there?).
Rating: 4 stars 5+ for Hot and Horny
Even with the errors, I really enjoyed this book. But if you are the type that cannot deal with errors in a book, don’t read this (unless Nicole pops in and tells me the Amazon version is different **which she did!). I will absolutely look for more by this author (and just popped by her blog hoping to win again!)
This is one book that you may need to use a toy or two while reading. I handpick everything we sell in the Erotic Playroom/Red Room of Pain, and I found some great toys!