The Feel Good Factor by Lauren Blakely
Narrated by Erin Mallon and Joe Arden
Standalone but Related to Best Laid Plans
The Feel Good Factor just proves that Lauren Blakely doesn’t need the fancy full cast of narrators or duet narration to make an amazing audiobook. But we knew that already, it was just a good reminder after some of the amazing narrations she’s given us recently. Don’t get me wrong, Joe Arden and Erin Mallon are two of my favorites and the narration was great, but it was normal narration that switched with the POV.
It was the super sexy and fun story that really stood out in the Feel Good Factor, a perfect title for both the story and the feelings it evokes in the reader.
“Holy redheaded lady cop fantasy”
We met Perri in Best Laid Plans, but Feel Good Factor easily stands alone. She is a police officer in the small wine-country town of Lucky Falls, and she loves her job but is hoping for a promotion. When she pulls over a hot looking bad boy on a motorcycle for speeding, he can’t help but flirt with the beautiful cop.
“Tell me your name. I’m dying to know.”
“Why do you need it so badly?”
“So I know what name to say when I’m fantasizing.”
Derek is a new paramedic in town. He moved to Lucky Falls after a bad breakup and to help his sister and her three kids while her husband is deployed. Neither Perri or Derek are looking for a relationship, but when Perri needs to enter a kissing contest to earn brownie points, Derek steps in to save the day.
Let me tell you, this is definitely one of Lauren’s HOTTEST books to date, yet it also totally brings the sweet and the humor with some small-town charm. It amazes me how Lauren continues to churn out books that wow me every single time.
“Let’s get one thing straight. What is this? It’s not attraction. It’s stronger. More Intense. It’s red-hot desire. It’s raw and it’s carnal, and it’s so much dirtier than attraction.”
- I love Lauren’s epilogues! Especially the double ones.
- Sexier than most of her recent releases.
- Hot dirty-talking hero.
- He’s amazing with his nieces and nephews (was that just my ovaries exploding?)
- It manages to be sweet, sexy and funny at the same time.
- It ties in with Best Laid Plans but it is not necessary to read it first (though you don’t want to miss it!)
- The audiobook bonus of Strong Suit. It’s just a little tease, but I sure enjoyed it.
- Every one of her characters are likable and there is never an overabundance of angst.
- Once again, I can’t find a thing to dislike.
Joe and Erin are both top 5 narrators for me and they were perfect for Derek and Perri. And sigh….when Joe does little kid voices it just makes me swoon.
“This man is going to ruin me in the best possible way. Oh my.”