I spent the weekend at Indie Mashup in Tampa this weekend. Though I had only read 3 authors on the list so far, there were about 10 authors from last year’s Wicked Book Weekend who I was dying to see again, plus it was a great excuse to meet up with some of my favorite people who I only see at signings, like Joanne, Shannon and Kerry.
After a 4 hour drive, I got in and apparently everyone was in the bar, and my favorite pickle lady, Abbie ‘Dontbeadick’ was there with some of her tasty treats from The Chill Dill. It’s strange, I am so comfortable with other readers, that I come out of my self-conscious shell and just walk up to strangers!!! And let me tell you, there was some MAJOR girl-on-girl groping going on in that bar. The guys were loving it. The girls weren’t too upset either, because we had lots of model eye candy.
It was honestly such a GREAT weekend. It seemed like the authors did well. There was a nice turn-out, and there were no big, long, sweaty lines. I may not have heard of a bunch of the authors, but I sure discovered new ones! They were so generous! Shoving signed books at me! I have 3 tote bags filled with swag. So now I’m going to share it with you with a giveaway!
1. Maple Whiskey is not the first thing you should do upon arrival to a hotel, because you will be tasting it for the rest of the trip. And it may be the last straw for a certain pickle lady.
2. Gina Whitney wants me, and dammit, she lets me know. (So flattered, till I found out I was one of many 🙁 but I still liked it.)
3. When there is a 2 hour wait at the cheesecake factory, and the empty restaurant next door can take a party of 20 and still be empty, maybe the red flag should be raised.
4. 50 authors, I only read 3 of them, yet they were all awesome.
5. T.M Frazier has the cutest baby bump (OK Beach ball) ever.
6. Snuggling in bed with a hot model isn’t as hot as it sounds. But he was so cute I kind of just wanted to hug him in a sisterly (NOT MOTHERLY) way.
8. Who is Clara Fox? Is she Cock-Asian?
9. Rochelle Paige we know is awesome, but her high school senior son (who also has a book!) is pretty cool to hang with. My kid, the same age, would have run as far away as possible, and mocked us from afar.
10. Joanne is a secret ninja who appears and disappears at will.
11. Listening to an Aurora Rose Reynolds book on a 4 hour drive makes you want a longer drive.
12. Dawn Robertson’s tits. Always.
13. You can almost burn a restaurant down making toast.
14. Tampa water makes all drinks taste like crap, but luckily Jettie Woodruff had me taste pussy, and it was much better.
15. Alphas on Top is HUGE, and you can buy it and get it signed by ALL of the authors at Wicked Book Weekend for the first time.
16. Glitter gets stuck in places and will never leave.
17. Emily Minton is as nice in person as she is online. SHE actually fangirled ME! Crazy!
18. I went for the authors and friends. I am seeing all of these photos of the models and I didn’t even notice them.
19. My $50 ticket paid for someone’s mani/pedi, because I didn’t even get a water or a swag bag for that, but it was still worth it for a great time.
20. Spending a weekend with a group of pervy readers and authors is always fun, signing or not, there is nothing like hanging out with a bunch of women who love the same thing as you.
NEXT STOP: Wicked Book Weekend 2015