Whispers of You (The Lost & Found Series Book 1) by Catherine Cowles
Narrated by Andi Arndt and Zachary Webber
Romantic Suspense. Stands alone, but starts a related series.
ARC Provided in exchange for an honest review. This post contains affiliate links.
Talk about starting with a bang! I was gripped from the prologue and Whispers of You never let go. I am a HUGE Catherine Cowles fan, and Whispers of You perfectly illustrates why. Emotions, suspense, memories, family, and romance all come together in the first of a series that’s sure to become another favorite.
We have met Holt, the security expert, in previous Catherine Cowles books. He and Wren were best friends turned boyfriend and girlfriend growing up. They were going to be the couple who lasted forever, until tragedy struck Wren and the whole town. Holt was 18 and unable to handle the fallout so he left town and never looked back, leaving his best friend and love of his life behind.
“It didn’t matter if it had been ten days to ten years. A love like that ruined you for all others.”
Holt is now back in town, and Wren is a target of a killer. As with all alpha males, he protects her while they all try to figure out who the killer is. The romance and the emotions are huge in this book, but the suspense and mystery will really keep you on your toes. If you think you know…you don’t.
“I wanted so badly I could taste it. And the more I let myself want it, the worse the fall would be if things didn’t work out. I’d barely survived the first time Holt had left. A second time would be too much to bear.”
I love the woman Wren turned out to be, and I love Holt’s growth through the story. Holt has 3 brothers and a sister, so I can’t wait to read about his siblings in this new series called The Lost and Found Series.
“You with me?”
… “I’m with you.”
- The prologue. Holy cow, I don’t think I breathed for 30 minutes!
- It’s the start of a whole new series that new readers will love, and previous readers will recognize Holt.
- I loved the whole Hartley family.
- Wren was an amazing character who was so strong and I really appreciated the scenes of her at work, it was a great addition to the story.
- I knew Catherine would take us for a ride, but this one really kept me guessing!
- I wish Holt came back for Wren because she was in trouble, not for his family. It all seemed too convenient that he just happened to move back right when this all starts.
It’s Andi Arndt and Zachary Webber, I don’t have to say much because they are always phenomenal. The narration made the story even better because of the emotions of the voice actors.