Glimmers of You: The Lost & Found Series, Book 3 by Catherine Cowles
Narrated by Erin Mallon and Joe Arden
3rd in a series but can stand alone.
Catherine Cowles has topped my best of the year lists for the past 3 years and I have no doubt she will this year as well. Glimmers of You is the 3rd in the Lost & Found Series, but I have a terrible memory and only remembered a few characters and I was fine. This book stands alone perfectly well, but the series is so good you should start at the beginning.
Caden is best friends with one of Grae’s brothers, but he and Grae always had a special bond. Caden lost his sister at a young age and it has completely shaped his life in that he won’t let anyone close to him so he can’t eventually lose them. Grae has loved Caden her whole life. When she had a health incident that would be a danger for the rest of her life, Caden pulled back and went to New York to run his family’s hotel empire.
“That day when I was fifteen had changed everything. Caden might have saved my life, but he had slammed the door on our friendship, taking away my secret keeper, my resting place, my person, and replacing him with a coolly casual acquaintance.”
Now he is back in town, and them seeing each other all the time is like torture. They bicker like they hate each other but it’s just to hide the longing. When a local firefighter wants to go out with Grae and refuses to take no for an answer, Caden steps in and pretends to be her new boyfriend. Then all kinds of bad stuff keeps happening to Grae. It seems she is the target of a crazy stalker and can’t stay at her place anymore, so where does she go? You guessed it, Caden’s.
Caden, though very rich, has a pretty rough family life with a dad who likes to pit his sons against each other. His brother has taken the rivalry to heart so much he is starting to become unhinged and his hatred for Caden isn’t hidden at all. Caden’s family life and family business are both a mess and the only person who has always grounded him was Grae, but he doesn’t want to fall for her even more in case he loses her too.
“Because you’ve always been that glimmer of light for me. A beacon of hope. Even when I didn’t want you to be.”
- Grae cared so much! She is the first to want to shelter Caden from his family.
- I loved the incorporation of Grae’s condition.
- I didn’t guess the bad guy.
- Grae’s 3 protective brothers.
- Completely engrossing, I listened in one day.
- How well it stands alone yet there are lots of familiar players.
- Really good spicy scenes that never overwhelmed the book.
- Another GORGEOUS set of covers.
- The stories are all getting a bit too similar and predictable. I didn’t guess the bad guy, but I might have if I read it rather than listened (I absorb a bit more and highlight new characters). While I still loved it, I am starting to know the pattern a bit, and I hope Shadows of You changes things up a little.
Erin Mallon and Joe Arden are 2 of my absolute favorites. They made the story even better with their acting and I highly recommend the audio version.
The Down & Dirty:
Rating: 4.5 Stars, 3.5 heat, 5 narration
Purchase Glimmers of You by Catherine Cowles
The Lost & Found Series by Catherine Cowles