My One Week Husband by Lauren Blakely
Narrated by Vanessa Edwin & Shane East plus Joe Arden, James Joseph, Victoria Mei, Siiri Scott, and Erin Mallon
Stands Alone but is related to others. Emotional RomCom.
How Lauren Blakely continues to produce incredible, riveting stories at the speed she does is beyond me. She writes them faster than I can listen. My One Week Husband even stands out further in that it’s a multicast presentation, it takes place throughout France, and combines a bunch of tropes, including workplace, fake marriage, friends-to-lovers, travel, and a hot British hero.
We met Daniel as a sexy third in an m-f-m scene in One Exquisite Touch, and I really wanted more of the sexy British hotelier, but it is not necessary to read before My One Week Husband. I love the way Lauren always writes powerful women executives, and I really liked Scarlett.
Daniel and Scarlett are business partners who run a hotel chain together. Both are damaged, and they have both been fighting the attraction they feel towards each other. When a business opportunity arose to expand their hotel chain, Daniel and Scarlett decided to pose as newlyweds to scope out some hotels they were interested in adding to their roster.
The role-playing and traveling were so much fun! I love a guy that’s not too macho to pretend, and soon real-life and pretend life start getting a little mixed up.
“I am flammable around Daniel Stewart. One touch and I melt. One kiss and I flame. That’s how I feel around him. Like I’m truly combustible.”
My One Week husband was a little deeper and more serious than some of Lauren’s other books. It was also a little hotter, like it straddled the line between her Exquisite series and her romcoms with a little of Wanderlust thrown in. Daniel was SO HOT, yet had such a heartbreaking background. Scarlett was smart, suffered her own share of heartache, and loved numbers and Paris. They were perfect for each other.
Daniel’s dirty talk was made extra hot because Shane East vocalizes it!
“You need to be fucked by a man who wants you. By a man who is consumed by you and only you.”
- I love a full-cast production.
- I really liked each of their backstories, both heartbreaking in their own ways.
- The sexy banter.
- I loved the fun stories they made up as they traveled, and how they brought that pretend into the bedroom with them.
- I enjoyed the people and couples they met along the way.
- The adventure of traveling all around.
- Unpopular opinion: I think that maybe there was a little too much sex, and it took away from the depth of the story a bit. But I also didn’t realize until writing this review that it was part of the Extravagant Series, which is definitely Lauren’s more erotic series. I thought it was a crossover character.
This is the type of full cast that I love. It never felt forced, or like scenes were added just to have a full cast conversation. Shane East and Vanessa Edwin did a fantastic job with the leads, and I can’t imagine a better narration.
The Down & Dirty:
Rating: 4.5 Stars, 5 Heat, 5+ Narration
Purchase My One Week Husband by Lauren Blakely