Come Again by Lauren Blakely
Narrated by Sebastian York with a little of Vanessa Edwin
I listened to Come Again by Lauren Blakely when it was first released as part of the Big Rock Series. It was during the holidays and I apparently forgot to review it. Then I saw Come Again as Book 1 in the Happy Endings series. Thinking it was a different book, I grabbed it and started listening. I rarely listen to a book twice, but I have to tell you, I enjoyed Come Again just as much the second time around.
The Big Rock Series is all told from the male POV with creative ways of getting the female perspective. I fell in love with Lauren Blakely and Sebastian York because of the Big Rock Series, so I was so freaking excited for more! Come Again stands perfectly on its own, it just has that amazing Bog Rock style that I fell in love with.
“I’m a purveyor of pleasure – the goddamn mayor of good times, the lord of lust, the emperor of ecstasy.”
Easton is cocky and rich and runs a company that arranges exclusive singles parties. Bellamy runs a romance podcast. They don’t see eye-to-eye on love or dating. Though these two weren’t really enemies, they were rivals in some ways.
My favorite thing in almost any romance is e-mails/texts. There were a bunch of flirty e-mails between the couple (her letters are the only female POV), and I totally loved the online flirting. Once again, I never go wrong with a Lauren Blakely book.
- Easton’s grandmother stole the show, and I swear I’d read her book in a second.
- Great side characters.
- The banter! Lauren is the best at sexy, flirty banter.
- The letters between the two of them are what made the book for me.
- As always, Lauren writes HOT sex!
- It was just as good the second time.
- I can’t put my finger on it, but something just didn’t stand out as much as Lauren’s books normally do. I think maybe I didn’t love Easton as much as usual? Or maybe Bellamy? I’m not sure, but something is holding me back from screaming about how I was completely in love with this book.
Sebastian York is always amazing at the cocky male POV books and I love the way Lauren weaves in the female POV in creative ways with Vanessa Edwin.
The Down & Dirty:
Rating: 4 Stars, 4.25 Heat, 5 Narration
Purchase Come Again by Lauren Blakely
Please see the order of the BIG ROCK SERIES and all the related stories HERE.
It’s also first in the Happy Endings Series below:
Leave a Reply