Come Again by Lauren Blakely
Narrated by Sebastian York with a little of Vanessa Edwin
I listened to Come Again by Lauren Blakely when it was first released as part of the Big Rock Series. It was during the holidays and I apparently forgot to review it. Then I saw Come Again as Book 1 in the Happy Endings series. Thinking it was a different book, I grabbed it and started listening. I rarely listen to a book twice, but I have to tell you, I enjoyed Come Again just as much the second time around.
The Big Rock Series is all told from the male POV with creative ways of getting the female perspective. I fell in love with Lauren Blakely and Sebastian York because of the Big Rock Series, so I was so freaking excited for more! Come Again stands perfectly on its own, it just has that amazing Bog Rock style that I fell in love with.
“I’m a purveyor of pleasure – the goddamn mayor of good times, the lord of lust, the emperor of ecstasy.”
Easton is cocky and rich and runs a company that arranges exclusive singles parties. Bellamy runs a romance podcast. They don’t see eye-to-eye on love or dating. Though these two weren’t really enemies, they were rivals in some ways.
My favorite thing in almost any romance is e-mails/texts. There were a bunch of flirty e-mails between the couple (her letters are the only female POV), and I totally loved the online flirting. Once again, I never go wrong with a Lauren Blakely book.
- Easton’s grandmother stole the show, and I swear I’d read her book in a second.
- Great side characters.
- The banter! Lauren is the best at sexy, flirty banter.
- The letters between the two of them are what made the book for me.
- As always, Lauren writes HOT sex!
- It was just as good the second time.
- I can’t put my finger on it, but something just didn’t stand out as much as Lauren’s books normally do. I think maybe I didn’t love Easton as much as usual? Or maybe Bellamy? I’m not sure, but something is holding me back from screaming about how I was completely in love with this book.
Sebastian York is always amazing at the cocky male POV books and I love the way Lauren weaves in the female pop in creative ways with Vanessa Edwin.
The Down & Dirty:
Rating: 4 Stars, 4.25 Heat, 5 Narration
Purchase Come Again by Lauren Blakely
It’s also first in the Happy Endings Series below: