“She had no doubt her safe little world was about to be well and thoroughly rocked, and who knew if it would even be recognizable after he was done with her.”
The day I saw Breathe Me In by Cherrie Lynn was out, I dropped everything and bought it. It was a total surprise, and what a yummy one! You see, The Ross Siblings Series is one of my favorite ever. This little novella is a prequel to book 3, Leave Me Breathless (see my review), and takes place during the events of Rock Me (You MUST read Rock Me first!) but you can read this before, or after Leave Me Breathless. (See the Series order here)
“I can be good. Or I can be as bad as you want me to be.”
This is the missing scene from Rock Me. The one where Macy and Ghost have the fateful first hookup in the back of Ghost’s GTO. From the description, you think that’s all this book is, one wham-bam-thank-you ma’am, but of course, you should know better.
“I’ve never been in the backseat of my own car before. Interesting.”
“Come on. Live a little dangerously.”
“Climb back there? I’m in a skirt.”
The tip of his finger trailed along her upper thigh, raising gooseflesh. She felt that touch all the way up her spine. “And in about sixty seconds I’m about to be all up under it, or so you tell me.”
“You’re not a lights-out, under-the-covers kind of girl, are you? You’re too beautiful for that.”
“No. I’m just not… an ass-in-your-face-before-we’ve-even-kissed kind of girl.”
I forgot how snarky and well…..bitchy Macy came off back during Rock Me and at the beginning of Leave Me Breathless. But I liked going back and revisiting her. Before Ghost broke down all of her walls and we got to know her.
I loved reading the scenes from Rock Me, especially her thought process when she witnessed “the event” but didn’t tell right away. I also loved reading more about Ghost. If he made your heart throb in Leave Me Breathless, he is just as amazing here. <3
Ghost is way high on my book boyfriend list.
“Inch by inch she took him, that little ball on the underside of his cock slipping inside and stroking parts of her that made her tremble and clench around him”.
- GHOST!!!!!! Seriously, the guy is pierced for pleasure, tattooed, and a total sweetheart. And he’s shaved bald. Though I’ve never been with a bald guy (well, my husband is almost there, but it isn’t deliberate) but I think they are sexy.
- Cherrie writes AWESOME sex and great stories. Her writing is pretty flawless. That is why she is at the top of my Books with hot sex and great stories list.
- Having a good reason to go back and visit with the characters at the time of the books, and see some of the events through different eyes.
- It was the story we were missing. Perfect for filling in a few gaps, visiting with our favorite characters, and making us want to re-read the whole series.
- Cherrie is a tease! I want MORE!!!!
Rating: 4.75 stars 4.5 Heat
“He breathed something against her neck, something that sounded like ‘So fucking perfect,’ but she couldn’t be sure.”
Cherrie made me so happy with this little 82 page novella. I loved having a reason to visit my favorite tattoo shop, and Brian and Ghost. I can’t wait to read more from Cherrie!
If you have not read this series, you must! You don’t necessarily have to read Unleashed. But I loved it, even though it wasn’t about a tattooed bad boy, but the nice lawyer brother. Still awesome.
Purchase Breathe Me In by Cherrie Lynn at