Tempt Me by Olivia Cunning is the second in the One Night with Sole Regret series of erotic romance novellas. (See series reading order here). The first in the series was Try Me (see my review here). Ms. Cunning is the queen of kinky sex with rock stars, and this book certainly didn’t let me down.
Adam is the lead guitarist of Sole Regret. He has had a crappy life, and his savior is Madison, his one-time drug counselor and Dallas-based hookup. The story opens with Adam counting down the moments until they get to Dallas for a show, where he can see Madison, whom he has been seeing for a year every time he gets to town. Madison is kinky in the bedroom (there is lots of back-door action in this book) but sweet and innocent in public. Adam doesn’t want to sully her reputation by having her be seen with him, yet she thinks he is embarrassed of her. Madison is in love with Adam, and she has decided her heart can’t take sharing him with all the groupies and that this will be their last night together.
So unlike the last book, Try Me, this was more of a continued love story than a one-night hookup. But there were other story lines going on as well. Shade (the lead singer) and Adam have some major animosity going on, but we don’t find out why. Adam has other issues that don’t get solved in this installment, and Adam and Madison plan on visiting a sex club the following week, and though they talk about it the whole book, they never made it in this book.
- Good, kinky sex scenes.
- Learning more about the band.
- The fact that this one wasn’t a one night stand turned into love in just one night.
- There was a lot of story despite the abundance of sex scenes.
- Madison is a crappy drug counselor.
- Too many things left hanging and unresolved.
- It wasn’t long enough for me to develop a connection and attachment to the couple.
- Adam’s insistance on being loving and gentle (what fun is that?)
[…] a review of Tempt Me (One Night With Sole Regret #2) by Olivia Cunning on the blog. (4 stars, 5 […]