Forget by N.A. Alcorn
1st in a series, does not stand alone. Contemporary Romance.
Dear Brooke Sawyer,
We need to be best friends. I mean, I know you already have an amazing bestie in Lindsay, but can I horn in on that goodness? Maybe a bestie threesome? I can’t even begin to explain the levels we would connect on. Let’s have a shot of Boner Disco and talk about it?!
Dear Dylan Bissette,
If it doesn’t work out with Brooke……. ( BECA– — USE I DON’T FREAKING KNOW BECA– — USE BLUR DOESN’T RELEASE UNTIL LATER THIS YEAR!!)
…it will never work out between us. You are in a band, have tattoos, you’re half French-English for Christ sake! Besides the fact that you have been dating my best friend, Brooke, you are a recipe for a panty combustion I can’t even explain!
I hope this gives you an indication of how much I loved the characters in Forget. Brooke had a rough start in life but was literally saved by her grandmother, Millie, who selflessly gave up her own happiness in Paris to come back to the US to be there for Brooke and her sister. Millie’s dying wish was for Brooke to follow in her footsteps and explore Paris with a bucket list prepared just for her. She reluctantly goes and her life changing journey begins the very first day.
Dylan first meets Brooke on the train when she tries to be stealthy and take a picture of him. With the flash on! Oops!! Amateur move, Brooke! We need to work on your skills… This then leads to a chat, a Sharpie and a phone number! However, Brooke plays it cool and decides not to call. It doesn’t matter because Brooke’s bucket list leads her back to Dylan because Fate is a clever bitch.
It’s only a minute or two before I feel him move to the spot that I just vacated, placing us in our own little row. “Cheese,” he whispers hotly in my ear.”
But something or someone is holding Brooke back. Four weeks in Paris soon fly by and Brooke and Dylan are falling hard. Will Brooke let down her walls and tell Dylan everything or will she run away for good?
His eyes are the spark for the perfect song.
His lips and tongue trace the lyrics against my mouth.
His fingers tap out the beat against my skin.
And with our bodies, his and mine, we play our song.”
- Brooke has an awesome best friend, Lindsay, and I hope we get her story, too!
- The Chapters are listed as “Tracks” and there was several times I stopped to listen to the music referenced because it brought me that much further into the story.
- Dylan’s mouth makes me swoon…
- There are some snort laugh moments.
- Millie, the grandmother was an amazing and smart woman. A true romantic.
- Written from both POV’s which I found very easy to follow.
- I wanted Brooke to jump his bones sooner. haha.
- It’s hard to wait for Blur to find out what happens between them but it did stop at a good part. I can hang on a while longer for them.
Rating: 4.25 Stars, 4 Heat