I read The Unidentified Redhead (Redhead #1) a couple of weeks ago and absolutely LOVED it. It made me so happy when I read it, that I dreaded not having another book by Alice Clayton to look forward to. So I decided to have a little self control and wait till I need a happy-making book to read #2. I knew when the PMS rolled around I’d be ready, and I was right.
So I bought The Redhead Revealed (Redhead #2) by Alice Clayton. Immediately I was back in love and so happy and actually had to put the book down a couple of times because my face started hurting from smiling so much. Then……………..
I kept putting it down. I was busy fixing a bunch of things on the blog. My kids had activities. I had to do laundry (which I always read during). Usually I never let something deter me from a book I totally love. But I felt it. I knew it was coming and I was too scared to let it happen.
Noooooooooo! Not my George and Gracie!!!
But how can a relationship like theirs work? It’s cross-country relationship, she is 9 years older, both are at the perfect points in their career, they have to keep it a secret, he has to be “seen” with other women. Grace is a bit insecure, though Jack never gives her reason to be who could blame her? Then there is Michael who is perfect and adorable, and is great with kids…..I wanted to stop, go back, unread it. But I couldn’t. But I love them and want them to be happy. Who wouldn’t?
The train was about to wreck…..I wanted to stop her……..if I could have jumped in the book and throttled Grace I would have!!!
So while the first book didn’t have the angst, this one did. And just the right amount. I love everything about this series. It is so very rare that I laugh out loud while reading a book. I laughed out loud so many times during this series! My husband thought I was nuts. He hears snorts coming out of me and is wondering WTF? Plus, the sex scenes were hot as hell, sometimes funny, and tastefully written without a lot of “schmaltz”.
“Bossy Bad Girl Grace was in full effect. My Jack loved a challenge.
“Consider it handled, Crazy,” he whispered, grinning that sexy half grin. Then he pulled me, roughly, closer to his mouth. My hands clutched tightly in his hair as he kissed me, first on the insides of my thighs, and then–sweet Lord–he kissed me right on my gonna-see-God.”
The scene continues, but do you see what mean? Hot, sweet, funny……..the whole shebang. I couldn’t possibly love this series more. I even shed some tears. And guess what? She is writing a 3rd one. Squeeeeeee!!!!!!!!
Usually this is where I put my likes and dislikes. There were no dislikes. But I will name some of the things I loved:
- -I loved each and every character, and the relationships between them.
- -I love that Jack & Grace’s relationship was explored and real issues came up.
- -I love the way Grace and her friends interacted. They called each other “dumb bitch, asshat, dillweed, and still loved each other like crazy. Grace buying Nick a Hello Kitty case, Grace and her friend in New York. I want to be her friend!
- -As much as I wanted to kill Grace, I understood her, and every reason she had.
- -I love that the sex scenes were long and involved and were somehow still hot without using any overly descriptive words like “glistening petals” or “throbbing manhood”.
- -I love that the silliness carried to the bedroom, but didn’t detract from it.