No Reservations by Lilly Cain (Bad Girls Know #1) was a quicky bedtime story. When I say bedtime story, I don’t mean sleepy time, I mean lady porn! If you know you need to get in the mood for some sexy times, pick this up about an hour before. It’s light on story, heavy on sex.
Travis and Alicia had a big academic rivalry in college. They both had fantasies about each other, but never acted upon them. Cut to 10 years later. Travis needs to get last minute tickets to Boston, he calls a small airline when all the larger ones are booked and gets the owner on the phone–and he recognizes the voice. It’s Alicia.
What follows is lots and lots of fucking. And more fucking. Oh, and then some more. Not that I’m complaining……..
So they continue their rivalry, and play some games with each other (like the first one to say “please” loses. There is mild BDSM, anal and toys. Considering there was only like 40ish pages, there was a LOT of sex, and a little story too. I would have actually liked to see it developed more.
- Hot, short, get-you-in-the-mood read.
- The rivalry and games were fun.
- A little kink, but not all the way.
- A brief story with an initial rivalry, and a misunderstanding.
- I would have liked it to be longer with a little more development to balance out the sex.
Rating: (for a short story) 3.75 stars, 5 for heat.
For such a short story, there was a lot of sex packed in, and a pretty good story. You just need to know that you are reading it for one reason, and one reason only. I liked the games they played, and would have enjoyed this more if it were expanded to a novella with double the pages.
Recommended for a quick little sexy story to get you in the mood, with enough story to not make you feel like you are just reading porn.
*Book was provided for review by NetGalley
- Top Picks: Books with Hot Sex and great stories
- Favorite BDSM and Dom/sub Romance Books
- What to read after Fifty Shades of Grey