Mister O by Lauren Blakely
Romantic Erotic Comedy. Interrelated Standalone.
Big Rock was (and still is) one of my favorite books of 2016. So when I heard there was a related standalone, Mister O, I almost peed with excitement. I don’t think it’s necessary at all to have read Big Rock first, but we do meet the characters there, and it was awesome, so I would encourage it. Mister O is another romantic comedy told completely in the male point of view.
Mister O is Nick Hammer (heehee) Spencer’s (from Big Rock) best friend. He is a sexy, nerdy, cartoonist who pens one of the hottest adult shows featuring the adventures of Mister Orgasm. I think Mister Orgasm is based off of Nick and here is why:
Ask me my three favorite things and the answer are so easy they roll off my tongue: hitting a home run for my softball league, drawing a killer cartoon panel, and-oh yeah- making a woman come so hard she sees stars.
Not gonna lie. That last one is my favorite by about a mile. Giving a woman a sheet-grabbing, toe-curling, mind-blowing orgasm is pretty much the Best Thing Ever.
Spencer’s sister is a magician. How refreshingly unique! She is funny, charming and talented, and Nick has begun to think of her as more than his best friend’s sister, but he knows he can’t go there.
“She’s quirky hot. Nerd hot. Video-gamer fantasy hot. She does kickboxing for workouts, she competes hard in our summer softball games, and she knows what house she’d be in at Hogwarts.”
“You pretty much just sealed the deal on being my sidekick, Princess Awkward.”
But she’s far too tempting to resist–especially when I learn that sweet, sexy Harper, has a dirty mind too and wants to put it to good use. What could possibly go wrong as I give the woman I’ve secretly wanted some no-strings-attached lessons in seduction?
- Sweet, funny, sexy and smart, I really enjoyed it!
- Mister O is the coolest job, and so is a girl magician!
- While the characters have very strong ties to Big Rock, Mister O stands completely alone. There is no need to refresh or read Big Rock first (though I still highly recommend it because it was awesome).
- Lauren Blakely writes great male POV.
- All the Princess nicknames.
- The flirty texts and banter.
- I smiled through the whole book.
- It was deeper than I expected.
- Though I usually love male POV books, I would have loved a chapter or two in her POV. I really was never sure how she felt.
- The first half moved a little slow for me.
The Down & Dirty:
Mister O had all of my favorite things in a book: heart, humor, heat and HEA. Lauren Blakely is great at male POV; The things that Nick thinks are hysterical. But I would have liked to have seen a surprise chapter or more from Harper’s POV. I felt like I never really got to know her quite as much as I wanted to. Still, I totally enjoyed reading Mister O with a smile on my face the whole time. I can’t wait to read Wyatt’s story in Well Hung.
Rating: 4.5 stars, 4 Heat
Purchase Mister O by Lauren Blakely
See my 5+++++ Star review of Big Rock
Loraine Oliver says
Good review thanks so much!