Deal with the Devil (The Forge Trilogy Book 1) by Meghan March
Narrated by Joe Arden and Erin Mallon
Contemporary Romance, Does Not Stand Alone.
Jericho Fucking Forge. Remember that name, because you’ll be hearing it alongside Christian Grey, Jessie Ward and Gideon Cross. There is something even sexier about Forge. He’s a dangerous and ruthless pirate, and I can’t get enough of him!
It’s not just Jericho I love, it’s India as well. She was an amazing heroine. A strong, feisty, and loyal professional poker player, the beautiful India Baptiste needs millions of dollars fast. She has an old friend arrange a high-stakes poker game in Ibiza and hand-picked all the players. She is confident that she will win until the wild card shows up. Jericho Forge.
“I can’t handle Jericho Forge. I know that like I know my own name.”
Her friend who arranged the game was hoping for much, much more, but he happens to be Jericho’s biggest enemy. Jericho’s life mission is to take every single thing from Bastien. And Bastien wants Indie.
When Indie loses, she is forced to take a loan from Jericho.
“What do you want?”
One eyebrow rises. “From you? For $10 million? You should already know the answer to that.” The corners of his mouth lift until his expression is the picture of sheer triumph. “Every-fucking-thing.”
Whew! Is it hot in here? Jericho is a take-no-prisoners, make-no-apologies kind of guy. Political correctness? Me too? Fuck that. Jericho does what he wants, and it is H-O-T.
“He’s a marauder, plundering just like the pirate I thought he was the first time I saw him. He takes without permission or apology. And I love it.”
There are lots of secrets and back story that comes to light while reading. Plus this couple’s chemistry practically fries the pages! This intriguing story is filled with twists and turns making it an absolute 1-sitting read (or listen).
“He has the power to destroy everything.“
- Kept my AirPods glued in my ears from start to finish. I couldn’t stop listening!
- Jericho made no apologies.
- The sizzling connection between Jericho and India.
- While sometimes waiting in a trilogy sucks, I know while listening that there is still two more books, and we are just getting started. And holy hell, what a start.
- I need to love the heroine to love the book, and I thought Indie was great. How cool is it to have a gorgeous woman be a professional poker player?
- Jericho Forge is as alpha as they get, and he makes no excuses. Yum.
“It’s like someone unleashed the Kraken,” I whisper as he moves toward me, his dick bouncing from side to side with each step.”
- The only thing I dislike is waiting!!!! GIMMEEEEEE MORE!
Joe Arden and Erin Mallon. Need I say more? They were both perfect.
The Down & Dirty:
“The beast inside me demands to taste her.”
Rating: 5 Stars, Heat (it’s just getting started) 4 Stars, Narration: 5