Q. What is unique about the relationship between Francesca and Ian?
A. I have a belief that in order to grow, we have to take a risk. That’s the powerful thing about falling in love—we’re willing to make changes where we wouldn’t before because we want to alter in order to be worthy of the one we love. So what’s unique about Francesca and Ian’s relationship is their ability to give just what the other needs to grow. Ian is the experienced, worldly one, both sexually and in general. He teaches Francesca so many things: about the power of her sexuality and beauty, how to better manage her somewhat haphazard, hand to mouth existence, how to take the reins of her life and take control. He’s a little weary of life, however, of always having to be in ultimate control. Ian never really had a childhood. Francesca teaches him how to let go, live in the moment, and be spontaneous. Her freshness softens him, makes him less cynical. That’s really what’s beautiful about their relationship. Each holds the key for the other’s transformation and healing.
A. My favorite scene in Because You Are Mine is the scene where Ian takes Francesca’s virginity in front of the statue of Aphrodite at the museum. It’s filled with so much anguished lust and longing. It’s a very raw scene sexually, and exposes Ian’s sort of desperate desire for Francesca. To me, it’s a very poetic scene, as well, creating one of my favorite elements of an erotic romance: beauty and primal lust. Both of them love art, and it’s as if Aphrodite truly does cast her spell upon them…and all inhibitions and control are lost.
Would you like to get an installment of Because You Are Mine for free? All you have to do is leave a question for Beth or a comment here. You can earn additional chances by following the rafflecopter giveaway.
- Beth Kery Interview and Giveaway week 1
- Beth Kery Interview and Giveaway week 2
- Beth Kery Interview and Giveaway week 3
- Beth Kery Interview and Giveaway week 4
- Beth Kery Interview and Giveaway week 5
- Because You Are Mine Series Reading Order
- Because You Are Mine 1: Because You Tempt Me review
- Because You Are Mine 2: Because I Could Not Resist review
- Because You Are Mine 3: Because You Haunt Me review
- Because You Are Mine 4: Because You Must Learn review
- Because You Are Mine 5: Because I Said So review